We’re looking for freelance writers who have fun and unique ideas on personal finance – manage money, make money, investing – and everything in between. We’d love to hear your personal finance story, especially if you can share detailed numbers, strategies, and advice.
But, there are a few guidelines guest posts need to meet. Read on.
What are we looking for in a pitch?
We’re looking for evergreen articles, at least 2000 words.
Please read other The Modest Wallet posts so you can get a feel for the tone of the site. We’re all about providing actionable resources and tips to our readers in the investing, money making and managing niche.
Focus on being useful. Think about how will your post help our readers save, make and grow their money? Share detailed tips to help someone else follow in your footsteps, or interview someone who has advice to share.
Type of posts we want from you
The idea is to make sure your work continues to earn traffic month after month from people discovering it organically.
To achieve that goal, your main keyword should get at least 3000 monthly searches and be related to our niche. You can use free online tools to estimate the monthly traffic of your primary keyword.
Remember, your blog post should be the best resource the internet has ever seen.
We know formatting sucks, but it’s super important.
Your post should include:
- Text broken down with H2 and H3 subheadings. These subheadings should include your main keyword.
- Links to relevant internal and external resources.
- Relevant images or screenshots, 1200 pixels wide. Images need to be royalty-free.
- Your author bio with preferred link(s).
We create all social media graphics in house.
Ready to pitch?
If you think you got what it takes, pitch away! Please follow the instructions below to make sure we consider your pitch. It’s very important that you follow the instructions otherwise, we will most likely ignore it.
- Draft your post in Google docs.
- Run your post through an app like Hemingway or Grammarly.
- Send your post to [email protected]
- Use the Subject line: “Guest post pitch: [Your proposed title]”
- Link to the Google Doc version of your post.
- If you have, include links to past digital publications.
Our team will discuss payment upon acceptance of the pitch. Alternately, we can offer a link to your website in your bio.
NOTE: Personal affiliate links are not allowed.