Cash Back Platforms Rating Methodology
We believe in transparency and objectivity, this is why we want you to know how we rate cash back platforms
Cash back platforms provide rewards programs in partnership with retailers who pay commissions every time a new customer visits their store.
Cash back platforms also provide a number of tools and features, such as price tracking, price comparison, scanning the web looking for coupons, etc.
We have taken into account nine important factors into consideration. Each factor is weighted depending on how essential that factor is for the proper functionality of the cash back platform.
- Cash back rate (Weight 20%)
- Store selection (Weight 20%)
- Features and tools (Weight 15%)
- Redemption threshold (Weight 10%)
- Security (Weight 5%)
- Ease of use (Weight 5%)
- Customer Support (Weight 10%)
- Ease of use (Weight 10%)
- Payment options (Weight 10%)
Cash Back Rate (Weight 20%)
This refers to the percentage of cash back a user would receive on a qualifying purchase. The higher the percentage of cash back a user can receive will receive the highest rating in this category. On the other hand, the lowest cash back rate would receive the lowest rating in this category.
Store Selection (Weight 20%)
Cash back platforms partner with retailers and offer deals on pretty much anything, from baby gear and electronics to groceries and restaurants. The platform that offers the largest selection of participating retailers will get the highest rating in this category. On the other hand, if the platform only offers cash back from a few retailers, it will receive the lowest rating.
Features and Tools (Weight 15%)
This factor refers to the added features and tools a cash back platform makes available to its customers. The more features a cash back platform offers, the higher the ratings will be. Some of the features and tools we consider include:
- Price comparison tool
- An automated price protection program
- Automated coupon codes
- Proprietary product search engine
- Shopping credit program
- Price drop alerts
- Multiple portals to access the platform (mobile, web app, and browser extension)
- Ability to combine rebates and coupons
- Additional opportunities to earn cash
- Ability to scan receipts and get cash back
- Loyalty program
- Referral program
Redemption Threshold (Weight 10%)
Some cash back platforms have redemption rules, meaning that users must have a minimum balance in their accounts before they can cash out. Platforms that offer the lowest redemption threshold will receive the highest rating in this category. On the other hand, cash back platforms that offer a high redemption threshold will receive the lowest rating.
Features and Tools (Weight 15%)
This factor refers to the added features and tools an investment platform makes available to its customers. The more features a real estate investment platform offers, the higher the ratings will be. Some of the features and tools we consider include:
- Range of offerings (i.e., debt, equity, preferred equity, etc.)
- Range of investments (i.e., commercial, industrial, residential, multi-family, etc.)
- Frequency of distributions
- Regions served
- Availability of a secondary market
- Investor accreditation requirements
- SDIRA options
- 1031 exchange
- Dividend reinvestment options
Security (Weight 5%)
When it comes to security, we take into consideration a number of factors. The cash back platform that offers the following security features will have the highest ratings:
- Provider transparency (i.e., properly disclosing how your data is protected and how they keep your information safe)
- Data Encryption
- Two-factor authentication
- Biometric login for mobile apps
- How trustworthy is the service provider is
Customer Support (Weight 10%)
This factor takes into consideration how responsive a service provider is when it comes to supporting its customers. A cash back platform that offers the following support will have the highest rating:
- Live chat for new and existing clients
- 24/7 phone support
- Support via email
- Help center
- Contact form
- Ability to speak to a human and representative
Ease of Use (Weight 10%)
This refers to how easy a platform is to use for beginners. The easier a platform is to use, the higher the rating for this factor will be. We take into consideration the following factors:
- Availability of web application
- Availability of mobile applications (iOS and Android apps)
- Availability of browser extensions (Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, etc.)
- Overall usability and ease of use on all portals
Payment Options (Weight 10%)
Some cash back platforms only allow you to redeem your points for gift cards, whereas others will allow you to redeem your points for real cash via PayPal (or another payment processing platform). Cack back platforms that offer a variety of ways to redeem points will earn the highest rating in this category. On the other hand, cash back platform that only offers one way to redeem your points will receive the lowest rating.
Cash back platforms reviews are performed annually; however, our team of writers and editors will make updates to the content throughout the year and as necessary to keep our reviews up to date. We also maintain contact with service and product providers to keep the information as current as possible.
Our editorial team oversees all product reviews and follows strict editorial guidelines to ensure we remain objective with our reviews. You can learn more about our editorial team on our about us page and learn how we make money because we like being transparent with our readers.
We always welcome feedback. Contact us at [email protected].