Many or all of the products featured on this page are from our sponsors who compensate us. This may influence which products we write about and where and how the product appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own. Here is a list of our partners and here is how we make money.
The information provided on this page is for educational purposes only. The Modest Wallet is a financial publisher that does not offer any personal financial advice or advocate the purchase or sale of any security or investment for any specific individual.
Most of us spend quite a few waking hours in our cars each day. We also put a lot of money into them for gas, repairs, and other maintenance. Car ownership can get expensive fast!
But, what if there was a way to get paid for driving your car? How great would it be to make enough money to offset car ownership expenses and bring in extra income on the side?
If you don’t mind turning your car into a moving billboard (at least for the time being) getting paid to advertise on your car is a unique way to make extra cash.
Best Companies That Pay You To Advertise On Your Car
Vehicle wraps have 24/7 visibility and can generate thousands of impressions daily making it an effective advertising tool for companies, offering a cost-effective way to reach consumers. Here are the best companies that pay you to advertise on your car.
Wrapify is an advertising company that helps large brands place rolling billboard-style advertisements on cars. Wrapify keeps a database of drivers who would like a full or partial wrap applied to their car in exchange for payment and notifies these drivers when an advertising opportunity becomes available in their area.
To become a driver for Wrapify, the first step is to download the Wrapify app and sign up to be a driver. You’ll create a driver profile and complete the Wrapify onboarding process. Next, you’ll drive 50 qualifying miles of your typical commute and track it through the Wrapify app. Based on your driving habits, you’ll be presented with advertising offers or campaigns as they become available in your location.
Once you’ve accepted an advertising offer, you’ll select an install shop location, drop your car off for its appointment to be wrapped, and then you’ll be ready to earn based on the miles that you drive.
Something to note is that Wrapify is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Also, reviews on their apps are mixed. They have a 3.9 out of 5.0 rating on the Apple App Store and a 3.8 out of 5.0 rating on the Google Play Store.
Wrapify Driver Requirements
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a clean driving record
- Owning or leasing a 2010 or newer vehicle in good condition
- Have valid car insurance
- Have a smartphone (iPhone or Android)
- Willing to drive at least 50 miles per day
- Choice of advertisement offers: You’ll always have a choice of whether to accept or decline an advertisement offer for your car.
- Consistent weekly payments: Wrapify is one of the few companies that pay weekly. They process payments every Friday via direct deposit.
- Short-term commitment: Most Wrapify campaigns are between one to three months, so you don’t have to make a long-term commitment if you don’t want to. However, Wrapify does offer campaigns that are up to 12 months long.
- Mileage cap limits and coverage area: Only the first 25-35 miles of your daily commute in your specified Wrapify coverage area will be compensated. That means if you take your car on a road trip, you won’t be paid for those miles.
- Newer model car required: You must drive a 2010 model or newer car that doesn’t have major body damage. Over 95% of personal passenger-style vehicles are eligible for Wrapify.
- Fees for early termination: If you break your contract with Wrapify or remove the wrap early, there will be early termination fees. You can also incur costs if you don’t wash your car the night before it’s wrapped or if you don’t show up to your installation appointment.
Earnings are based on the size of the wrap that you accept, as well as how many miles you drive per day during the campaign period. Wrapify estimates that drivers will make between $196 and $452 per month.
>> Read Also: 32 Best Gig Economy Jobs That Pay Well
Carvertise offers brands the opportunity to advertise on the cars of Uber, Lyft, and DoorDash drivers, as well as other drivers with long daily commutes. Carvertise focuses on recruiting rideshare and delivery drivers due to the number of people that typically see their cars during the day, however, anyone can apply.
Carvertise has a slightly different pay model from Wrapify in that you are typically paid a set amount per month, rather than based on the miles that you drive.
To sign up as a driver, you’ll fill out Carvertise’s driver application answering some simple questions about where you normally drive, and once approved they will match you with a brand that likes your driving habits. Carvertise wraps your car for the campaign period, and you’ll be paid monthly through direct deposit.
Carvertise has mixed reviews from the Better Business Bureau where they have a B rating and a 2.3 out of 5.0 customer rating, and also their apps. They have a 2.4 out of 5.0 rating on the Google Play Store and a 2.2 rating out of 5.0 on the Apple App Store.
Carvertise Driver Requirements
- Be at least 18 years old
- Own or lease a 2008 or newer vehicle
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have valid car insurance
- Drive at least 30 miles per day
- Have a clean driving record with no major violations
- Pass a background check
- Carvertise perks program: Carvertise has a perks program that gives its drivers nationwide discounts at stores like PepBoys, Jiffy Lube, and Take5 Oil Change.
- Choice in accepting campaigns: With Carvertise, you will have a choice of which campaigns you accept and which brands you are willing to advertise on your car.
- Daily mileage requirement: Carvertise requires that you drive a minimum of 30 miles per day to qualify for their program.
- Newer car & factory paint finish: You must have a 2008 model car or newer, as well as a factory paint finish.
Carvertise starts most campaigns at a base of $100/month, but there are cash contests that can potentially increase your earnings up to $500/month. It’s important to note that potential earnings can vary depending on the specific campaign and the amount of driving required.
StickerRide is an app founded in 2013 that helps drivers save on car-related spending through discounts, as well as allowing drivers to make driving profitable with car advertisements. With StickerRide, you’ll download the app, estimate your earnings potential, and then complete the application to have advertisements applied to your car.
To participate, drivers apply for ad campaigns and if accepted, have an ad sticker/decal installed on their car. The app tracks the driver’s journey and awards points based on driven miles, time, and location. Drivers can also earn additional points by completing quests offered in ad campaigns.
Points can be redeemed for rewards such as gas, insurance, and other services.
StickerRide has also mixed reviews from users with a rating of 1.7 out of 5.0 on the Google Play Store.
StickerRide Driver Requirements
- Meet driving record requirements (StickerRide is not very clear about what these are)
- Meet vehicle ownership requirements (StickerRide is not very clear about what these are)
- Calculate potential earnings before applying: Instead of filling out an entire application to only find out that it’s not a fit, with Stickerride, you can calculate your potential earnings before beginning your application.
- Income-increasing fun tasks: StickerRide provides interactive tasks like participating in a flash mob or going on a quest to find hidden tips. They are not required but are a fun way to increase your earnings.
- Control the look and placement of stickers: StickerRide provides you with several different sticker placement options that you can pick from, including on your car hood, car sides, rear window, or on all of them.
- The app must be launched: You must launch the StickerRide app and keep it running while driving for your miles to count. Some drivers find this hard to remember to do each time.
- Varying car model requirements: StickerRide doesn’t have specific car model requirements. However, each of their brand partners has specific requirements. So you won’t know if you qualify until applying for the campaign.
Payments vary per campaign and are based on miles driven, location, time of day, class of car, and the stickers you have displayed. StickerRide says the perks of becoming a driver in their program are compensation for car washes, parking, and auto fuel. So, you’re probably not going to get rich with StickerRide, but it’s a great opportunity for passive income.
>> Read Also: 33 Best Money Making Apps: Cash at Your Fingertips
Nickelytics is another service that lets you earn money while you drive. You’ll download the Nickelytics app to sign up and then activate the app when you’re driving so that it can find the brands and designs that best fit your driving habits. With Nickelytics, you have either a custom install or self-install option once you’ve accepted an advertising offer.
Nickelytics offers full wraps and partial wraps and the ability to track real-time analytics to measure the performance and reach of the advertising campaigns.
Nickelytics Driver Requirements
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a clean driving record
- Own or lease a car no more than 10 years old and in good condition
- Ability to drive a minimum of 30 miles per day, 150 miles per week, and 450 miles per month
- Variety of advertising options: Nickelytics provides three different advertising options for your car: vinyl car wraps, AdShields, and decals. AdShields are plastic barriers designed to protect rideshare drivers and their passengers.
- Preference given to high-mileage drivers: Nickelytics gives preference to drivers who also drive for Uber, Lyft, Postmates, or Doordash, as well as for high-mileage drivers that cover 900 miles per month or more in a metropolitan area.
- Newer car model required: You must own, rent, or lease a vehicle that is a 2010 model year or newer to qualify to drive for Nickelytics.
- Minimum mileage requirements: You’ll also need to maintain an average of 42 miles per day, six days a week on the road to qualify to display advertisements for Nickelytics.
Pay varies per advertising campaign, however, Nickelytics says that most drivers earn between $175 and $250 per month for any given ad campaign. Some campaigns can pay up to $500 per month but those ones are rare.
>> Read Also: 19 Best Places to Sell Used Electronics for Cash
Stickr runs a different style of car advertising program in that they pay their drivers on a commission-only basis. You place a rear window decal on your car with a unique phone code and anytime someone makes a purchase using your code, you get paid.
To get started, users have to pay a monthly subscription which essentially acts as a deposit for the decals you receive.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the majority of Stickr payments are in the form of Restaurants.com gift cards. The remaining portion of Stickr payments is distributed through PayPal as part of a revenue share pool, which is divided among the verified drivers each month.
Stickr has mixed reviews on sites like Trustpilot with a rating of 3.8 out of 5.0 and Sitejabber with a rating of 3.4 out of 5.0. They also have a customer rating of 4.1 out of 5.0 on the Better Business Bureau (BBB). However, it is worth noting that Stickr is not a BBB-accredited business.
Stickr Driver Requirements
- Pay a $10 monthly subscription (The $10 subscription acts as a deposit for your decal. After submitting a photo of your decal, you will receive your cash earnings, a gift card, and your $10 deposit back)
- 95%+ driver match to campaigns: Out of the people who have applied to Stickr, over 95% have been matched to an advertising campaign.
- See-through rear window decals: Stickr mostly offers small, see-thru rear window decals, so this is a more discrete style of car advertising.
- $100 gift card guarantee: If you have not made any income after 90 days of having the decal on your car, you are entitled to a $100 Restaurant.com gift card.
- Recurring and shipping fees: By signing up, you are agreeing to an annual renewal fee of $120 ($10 per month) for your unique phone code. There is also a shipping fee to receive your decal.
- Commission-based: You’ll only receive a payment if someone uses your phone tracking code when purchasing the offer on your decal. So there is no guarantee of income when placing a decal on your car.
- Smaller and lesser-known advertisers: Since this is a commission-based program, smaller and lesser-known advertisers participate in the program. You may end up with a decal advertising a brand that most people haven’t heard of before.
Since it is a commission-based program, you will only receive payment when someone uses the unique phone code on your advertisement. As an example, one driver received $12 for each person who signed up for the advertised service on his car.
>> Read Also: 55 Hobbies That Make Money: Get Paid to Have Fun
How to Spot Legitimate Car Advertising Companies
Unfortunately, there are quite a few car advertising companies that are scams. Advertising on your car is a legitimate way to make money, however, you must properly vet the company that you want to partner with.
There are several things you can look for to help ensure you’ll be dealing with a legitimate company.
- Easy-to-find contact information: Legitimate car advertising companies should have easy-to-find contact information on their website. Ideally, this contact info includes a phone number.
- Application & screening process: There should be some kind of application and screening process that you’ll have to work through before being accepted to advertise with a company. You’ll likely be asked about your car model, make, year, and typical driving habits.
- Car insurance requirement: A legitimate company will require you to show your car insurance information to ensure that you’re a legal driver in your state.
- Transparent pay rates: Once you’ve completed your application, there should be no question in your mind about exactly how you are paid, when you are paid, and what factors influence your pay rate. A quality company will provide clear information regarding all parts of the payment process.
- No upfront fees: Legitimate companies will not ask for a fee to sign up as a driver. They will also cover all costs associated with applying the decal or wrap to your car.
How to Avoid Car Advertising Scams
To avoid scams from car wrapping companies that promise to pay you to advertise on your car, here are some tips:
- Be cautious and do your research: You can avoid car advertising scams by doing your research first to ensure you’re dealing with a reputable and legitimate company. Ask yourself the following questions; Do they have a professional-looking website? Is there an application for you to fill out? Is their contact information easy to find? Do they have a physical address? Are they active on social media?
- Find out what other people are saying about the company: You can also check for reviews of the company on Google, or check their rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot.
- Be cautious of offers that promise easy money: If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Scammers often use enticing promises of high earnings to lure unsuspecting individuals.
- Don’t deposit checks from unknown sources: Scammers will often send fake checks and ask you to deposit them, keeping a portion for yourself and sending the rest to a vendor. Be wary of any request to deposit a check and wire money back, as it’s a common red flag for scams.
- Verify with the brand or company: If a car wrapping opportunity claims to be affiliated with a well-known brand or company, reach out to the brand directly to verify the legitimacy of the program. Most reputable companies will have official information available about their advertising initiatives.
By following these tips and staying vigilant, you can avoid falling victim to car wrapping scams and protect yourself from financial loss and potential legal trouble.
FAQ on Getting Paid to Advertise on Your Car
We’ve found some of the most frequently asked questions on the internet with regards to getting paid for advertising on your car, here are our answers.
What Sort of Ads Do I Have to Display?
Each car advertising company offers different styles of ads to its drivers. Ads that are placed on the rear windshield are normally less intrusive and typically pay less. Drivers are often asked to apply this style of sticker on their own.
Other companies use full or partial vinyl car wrapping or decal application, which typically are some of the higher-paid styles of advertisement offers.
Car wrapping can easily be removed when a campaign ends, and should not cause any damage to your car. Wraps are normally applied and removed by a professional who knows how to do it right.
How Much Can You Get Paid to Advertise on Your Car?
The companies that we looked at in this article paid as little as $20 per month for a small rear window banner and up to $450+ per month for a complete car wrap in a highly sought-after urban area.
It seems that around $100 to $200 per month is an average payout amount for advertising on your car.
Is Advertising on Your Car Safe?
One of the biggest concerns if you’re considering placing advertising on your car is whether your car will be damaged in the application or removal process.
Legitimate car advertising companies will document the condition of your car prior to and after the installation process so that you’ll be able to prove any damage caused by the advertisement.
While it’s rare that a wrap or decal will cause damage to a car, you can reduce your risk by making sure that your car has a factory paint finish, minimal scratches or dents, and a clean surface before the ad is applied.
Are There Other Ways to Make Money with My Car?
There are quite a few ways to make passive income with your car and the people who make the most money typically combine several of them.
You can work for a ride-share company like Lyft or Uber, transporting people to where they need to go. Or, you could partner with a food delivery company like Uber Eats, Shipt, or DoorDash. You can even look at renting out your car if you have other transportation options available.
The good news is that the car advertising opportunities that we profiled in this article are a perfect match for food delivery or rideshare drivers.
Brands love to display their ads on cars that are used for these purposes because they are seen by so many people during the day and often driven in busy areas of the city.
Imagine that your car is no longer a necessary expense in your budget and instead is something that offsets your car ownership costs and even makes you additional passive income.
If you don’t mind the idea of driving around town while promoting a brand, advertising on your car is a great side hustle without any extra work on your part. Getting paid to do something you were already going to be doing sounds pretty great!
- 25 Best Side Hustle Apps to Make Extra Cash
- 30 Best Online Jobs That Are Legitimate and Actually Pay Well
- 17 Paid Research Studies You Can Join Today To Make Extra Cash
- 24 Best Stay at Home Mom Jobs That Pay Well
- 21 Ways To Get Paid To Play Games (Real Money)
Get our free Side Hustle Handbook with the best strategies to multiply your income sources today.
Plus our best money tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Summer Tannhauser is an entrepreneur, online educator, and freelance writer who is passionate about helping others to create additional income by leveraging their life experiences and passions. Summer works with budding entrepreneurs through her online courses and workshops and has appeared in numerous online publications and podcasts including Inc., Teachable, and USA Today.